Sunday, August 13, 2006

super-mum

What an exhausting day this has been. It's now after 1 a.m. The 21st birthday dinner party has happened and I'm alone at home finishing off the last bottle of bubbly. The throng of drunken kids have headed off into town. I was invited but declined. Maybe I should have gone. I think I would have regretted it. The bars they like to go to are not the bars I would like to go to. ANYWAY! It's been a great night and all the food went down well (except for the two slightly off-the-wall noodle salads that I anticipated may not be eaten, but I made cos I thought they looked kinda fun - guess they are lunch for today).

The room looked lovely - all asian inspired like the food. My darling sis helped out with some money for flowers. Here are some pics. My darling 21-year-old Chloe is on the left.

The birthday girl...





5 comments:

Lilly said...

Awww, Rose -- thank you so much for sharing those images with us :-D Glad to hear it went well -- what a beautiful daughter you've got [no wonder though with you as her mum ;-) ]

Hope you're not feeling too hungover today :-D

paintergirl said...

What lovely photos! Your daughter is very lucky to have such a sweet mum. And it's all so amazing! Your house is great and the art, and the table arrangements...I can go on.

Domestic Goddess said...

Oh lovely to see Chloe again, suprisingly enough I would still recognise her.

Well done on organising what looks like a great night.

Anonymous said...

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Rose said...

It really was a fun night. I have two more of these to organise, so I guess I need to get the practice in!