Sunday, December 18, 2005

christmas tree oh christmas tree

It's going to be a funny old Christmas. I'm not sure if we are all going to be together so it's a bit hard to plan, but whatever happens it will be a quiet one that's for sure. Haven't done any shopping yet, but I did manage yesterday to go and acquire a small pine tree and stick some glittery nonsense up on it. Here it is in all its finery.
I have been very spoiled by the Auckland printer that I use for my magazine work. He has sent me the most amazing bunch of flowers - so big I could barely fit it in the largest vase. What a lift it gave me. I almost wanted to be a florist when I was a teenager - my nana was a florist and I thought it would be cool to follow in her footsteps, but somewhere I gave up on the idea.

3 comments:

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Beautiful flowers, you are a lucky girl. Hope you get that shopping done, soon. Best of luck, and Merry Christmas.

paintergirl said...

That's the sweetest tree Rose and those flowers are incrediable! Love the lillies.

Lilly said...

Rose, your enthusiasm made me smile big time --> "glittery nonsense" :-)
It's a lovely looking tree and the flowers are gorgeous too.

Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing time at Christmas. Wishing you all the best for 2006! :-D