Sunday, May 23, 2004

It's Sunday and I should be working

Once again I'm taking up a big chunk of my potential work day by trying to blog. Yes, trying!! I still haven't sorted out this major problem I seem to be having with links, hence, I just can't bloddy put any in. I've sent a query to Blogger - let's see if they can sort it. Of course, I could actually type the code in myself, but I can't be arsed. So, what to tell? Well! I have my package from Turntablelab, which was all very exciting. It actuall sat in the back of my car for a large portion of the day cos I couldn't get into it without a boxcutter. I tried vainly and ripped a nail off in the process. Had to wait like six hours till I got home! Happiness ensued - three mags, one with a cool typeface on disk - three DVDs (Chris Cunningham vids on one - you know, the guy who did the freaky Aphex Twin vid Come to Daddy) - and three CDs which have been getting a load of airplay both in the house and in the car. My fave is Whitey on the Moon UK by Department of Eagles. Hope I don't get sick of it too quickly.
Most of my working time at the moment is taken up with production of the Film Festival programmes. A busy but rewarding time of year. Bonus is seeing all the films coming up before anyone else and getting really excited thinking about those few fleeting weeks that are the festival. Total movie saturation. It's a lot of work though - last year I did a 23-hour day. No kidding. Then went home for two hours nap, then back to work again. Craziness. Guess it'll be all happening again in a couple of weeks when we have the first print deadline.
See I have a profile up now? That's fun, cos when you go to your own profile, you can click on one of your interests and see all the other Bloggers who are into the same shit. How cool is that when you have interests in some arcane or obscure subject/band/author blah blah. The joys of the information age. And of the more positive aspects of globalisation. Cos there sure are some really negative ones too. Unless you love the free market and are a megolomaniac captitalist. bye for now

No comments: